Overheating?

Spr 11:35 19 Sep 06

I have installed Windows XP but I find that the CD ROM works for a short time then it seems to locks up.

I have tried to install Office 2000, it only loads in half way then stops. When I shut down for a while and re-boot it seems to run OK for a short while

I was wondering if the PC is overheating, how do I find out and how do I correct this problem

I have on the machine,
Pentium 1.00ghz, 521mb ram, 2 x SCSI CD ROM one is a writer, 20gb hard drive,

Strawballs 12:25 19 Sep 06

If it is only the CD rom causeing problems then I doubt if it is the PC I would say that is just your CD rom you can replace them very cheeply now even a Sony DVDRW for under £20 click here

Spr 12:37 19 Sep 06

I have managed to load in Norton, it asked to re-start, on re-boot up there are no Hard Drive picked up closing down for a couple of minutes on re-booting it is fine after, after downloading up-dates the same thing happened it went to restart no Hard Drive. Shut down left for a while start up every thing fine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:40 19 Sep 06

Disable "quick Boot" or "Fast boot" in the BIOS

Spr 18:20 19 Sep 06

I cannot see a "Quick Boot" or "Fast Boot" in the BIOS but there is a "Quick Power on Self Test" could this be it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 19 Sep 06

click here

Yes disable it and see if it solves the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…