Overclocking a Geforce4 MX440

SB23 16:17 17 Mar 07

At the moment I am unable to replace my old video card, and have the Geforce4 MX440 installed.
I would like to know the advantages / disadvantages of overclocking. All I want to do, if possible, is maybe squeeze abit more out of the card, then again, thats if it would be worth the trouble.

I know about 2 programs (Coolbits, and Riva Tuner) that say that this card can be overclocked, but surely it can't be that easy, and safe.

Any suggestions?

Steve

SANTOS7 16:23 17 Mar 07

Absolutely no point what so ever, you will only increase it by a few fps which you will hardly notice, and compromise the life of your card and the stability of your setup, be patient and save up for an upgrade...

SB23 12:19 18 Mar 07

You're quite right SANTOS7, it really isn't worth it, not to mention that the card can run hotter and it can result in other damage, as I would be unable to replace my pc I have decided not to. ( I did alot of reading last night).

Thanks

Steve

i overclocked my nvidia graphics card with coolbits a while ago in a moment of boredom ans was amazed at the results, the card ran 10 degress hotter with no visual benefit whatsoever!
so in my advise leave well alone, if the card was meant to run faster nvisia would have made it that way
adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac