Overclocking a E6750

mrsureshot 16:28 02 Feb 08

Hello all,

I am trying to overclock my new E6750 Intel Core 2 Duo processor to around 3.0-3.3Ghz based on a recent article I read over at Toms Hardware click here

I have an Asus P5KC mobo,
2Gb of PC6400 DDR2 memory
256Mb 7900GT GFX
1 CD/RW
1 DVD/RW
2 Seagate HDD (120 and 250Gb)
and running XP SP2
PSU is 485W

I having an issue getting the pc to accept the change that I make in the BIOS by changing the FSB from 333Mhz to 375Mhz. I save the changes and the system restarts however the pc fails to detect any of the HDD's and asks me to boot from a CD. The only explanation i can think of for this is that there isn't enough juice from my PSU to power up all components. I would have thought that if this was the case that the PC would fail to power up at all, but this is the only conclusion I can reach. The PC is stable at stock speed playing CoD4 so I can't figure it out.

I downloaded CPU-z to have a look and noticed that my multiplier is fluctuating between x6.0 and x8.0 meaning my CPU is jumping from just over 2 GHz to 2.66Ghz. Everything in BIOS is set back to Auto so I expect the system is adjusting as is it goes.

Anyway, my question is where am I going wrong? And could it be the PSU? Hope someone can advise.

ps - I had a quick check through the forums and couldn't find anything specific to the query hence the new post.

mrsureshot 14:37 03 Feb 08

Anyone?

citadel 16:15 03 Feb 08

click here
howto overclock c2d quads and c2d duals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…