Overclocking & ATI Catalyst Control Center

CurlyWhirly 13:26 05 Sep 04

I have just downloaded the ATI Catalyst Control Center and it is handy to have as it shows the GPU temperature but I can't see any menu that relates to overclocking?
Does anyone know whether this utility actually supports overclocking or not?
If not I will have to keep my Rage3D Tweak overclocking tool.
I have managed to overclock both my GPU and memory using Rage3D Tweak and I don't want to lose this.
Anyone else downloaded this from click here?

Arthur Scrimshaw 13:34 05 Sep 04

I don't think anything on the ATI site is going to assist you in overclocking your card - the best non ATI drivers are Omega on click here or if you just want an overclocking utility try click here - this allows you to incease core and memory clock speeds and tests them for artifacts. Best of all you can allow it to run and establish the best (most stable) settings for your card.

Good luck

CurlyWhirly 13:39 05 Sep 04

I have a Radeon X800 Pro and I currently use Rage3D Tweak utility for overclocking my GPU and memory but I am a bit worried about pushing them too far so I am going to try your link for the ATI tool as like you said it tests the speed settings for artifacts.

GibsonSt19 15:35 05 Sep 04

The new Catalyst Control Centre is pants. It's completely un-stable and doesn't feel as good as the last version of the driver control pane.

Just my contribution :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…