Overclocking AMD XP2500 - XP 3200

nick35 14:56 10 Jul 04

Is it possible to overclock an AMD XP 2500. If so, how do you go about doing it?

I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard (latest BIOS version).

Regards

SANTOS7 15:11 10 Jul 04

click here this will help, but beware the perils of overclocking are many!!!

Totally-braindead 17:03 10 Jul 04

You've got a 2500+ same as me. It runs everything I can throw at it and then some. Why do you want to overclock it, if you overdo it do you have a spare £100-£200 lying about to pay for the replacement parts? I really don't recommend it for what thats worth but of course the choice is yours.

SANTOS7 17:34 10 Jul 04

i agree, if you want to improve performance why not cool it down useing thermal paste or extra fans, this will also prolong the life of your processor whereby overclocking will certainly not

Indigo 1 18:15 10 Jul 04

No matter how much you overclock, the real difference is not worth it. You might be able to prove it is running faster using synthetic benchmarks such as 3D Mark etc but in real terms it won't make a toss of difference to your PC and you could end up with a pile of molten silicon under your desk or worse.

My advice if you are not happy with the performance of your PC is to stick as much GOOD QUALITY RAM in as possible you won't regret it.

By good quality I mean Corsair or Crucial etc. and I would highly recommend a couple of sticks of 1024Mb, that will improve performance all but if you are still determined to overclock then you should be armed with the correct info, click here to start with and click here and click here to check with the experts.

Indigo 1 18:17 10 Jul 04

That should read, "that will improve performance all round"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…