Overclock Settings?

Hi all,

Just a quickie and as I dont often go into overclocking I wondered if anyone had any ideas on the following -

I have a Gigabyte GA7 NNXP board and am running two sticks of 512mb Kingston PC3500 in Dual Channel mode.

I have also just purchased an Athlon XP3000 with 400FSB and this is where it gets interesting!

First, this CPU is not that common (not many retailers stock it) and also, how often do you see a CPU at less than 3200 with a 400FSB?

This leads me to think that this is an "underclocked" XP3200 as for some reason it did not pass the quality standards of a "normal" 3200.

Now, Does anyone have any idea as to the best settings to get the most out of this chip?

At present, I have left the V-Core at 1.65 and upped the FSB to 210 (420FSB) with a x10 multiplier. This now reports the CPU as a XP3200 with a real speed os 2200. The memory settings I have left alone as well.

Any better / other ideas as to how to go about this or is this the way to go. The system is stable (no BSOD as yet) and I dont want to max out the cpu just for the sake of it, but if there is more or a better way to go about it I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Rayuk 18:13 02 Dec 03

click here

click here

May be of help to you

goonerbill 18:51 02 Dec 03

as ya got a gigabyte board, ya get a utility called easytune 4 on the cd that came with the mobo.
it works in windows and overclocks ya system. its great to see how far you can push things without actually messing with the bios and then set the bios to the best performance ya got using easytune.

Been there and done that but I find that the Multiplier is "Stuck" at 10x and so the only thing I can increase is the FSB and V-core. What I need to find out is if this is the ONLy way to go or is there another.

Many thanks for your suggestion though.

Rayuk 19:38 02 Dec 03

I think the only other way is to unlock the cpu using the wire trick,but going by what you say this isnt likely to be an option.

click here

goonerbill 09:05 07 Dec 03

the only way to overclock an athlons multiplier, is to connect certain pins (bridges on top of cpu) with a solder pen or the like.

click here

the link will take you to a site that will show you how to unlock the multiplier and as the site says, you do so at your own risk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…