Over use of my broadband limit

MIKE. 10:23 28 Apr 09

I am with BT option 1 and have a limit of 10 Gig per month and never go near my limit. About three weeks ago I down loaded Spotify a music listning programme. I have been warned by BT I have reached my 10 Gig limit with 3 Gig being used in the last week. I have wpa and wpa2 wireless security set up on my Home Hub two router. My questions is Spotify, just by listening to music a big drain on my usage, or more worrying is my system being piggy backed and stealing my bandwidth in some way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:48 28 Apr 09

If you are listening to streaming music then your usage is about right. Download this usage meter so you can monitor your usage daily....click here It is highly unlikely that your system is being used by someone else providing you have router security.

G

jimv7 11:00 28 Apr 09

Spotify uses a peer-to-peer network along with streaming servers to stream music. This is why you see multiple connections to other Spotify users.

taken from click here

spotify uses your connection to upload to other computers, hence the high usage.

MIKE. 12:09 28 Apr 09

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)> & jimv7 for your advice. I have downloaded the checker you recomended GANDALF <|:-)> and will monitor usage. Again thanks one and all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…