Over sensitive laptop touch pad

Jezzer1 20:59 05 Nov 03

I have recently purchased a Multivision Solus 1010 laptop which I am generally pleased with. However, the touch pad is incredibly sensitive to tapping. What's worse there is no facility in the mouse properties to turn off tapping. Their technical support have informed me that it is not possible to update the mouse driver to deliver this function.
Is it usual for laptops to not have the ability to turn off tapping (I know that most Sony laptops have this facility) ?
Is it really not possible to update the driver to produce this facility ?
Should I insist that Multivision replace this laptop with one that does not have such a sensitive touch pad ?

AubreyS 21:25 05 Nov 03

click here This is what I use. It wiil do just what you want and its FREE!!

Djohn 02:50 06 Nov 03

as far as I'm aware all laptops will have access to this function. Re-check from the properties of your mouse/touchpad, there should be a "Tab" that says "Touchpad", it's then a matter of opening up further sub categories by click on the small plus signs until you find the "Touchpad control". From there you should be able to alter the sensitivity of the tapping and the amount of movement required to move the cursor across the screen. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…