Over enthusiastic Content Adviser

Trikie 16:57 04 Apr 04

I have just tried looking up the website for Leonardslee Gardens and Content Adviser has blocked it.

I then tried a google search on Gardens and it blocked every one, ditto when I entered a search under Cycling.

Fortunately I have PC Advisor as a favourite and Content Adviser allows this!

Has Content Adviser been corrupted of otherwise got at?

anon1 18:08 04 Apr 04

That really depends on how you have it set up. Did you set the content levels for a reason (like children using the pc)? Maybe someone else has messed with the settings and gone the wrong way. What version of I.E. are you using and what version of windows?

Trikie 18:26 04 Apr 04

I'm the only user and haven't touched the settings for over a year. IE version 6 Windowa XP

Eastender 19:41 04 Apr 04

You don't say what settings you have in IE > Tools > Internet Options > Content, giss a clue.

Trikie 21:31 04 Apr 04

Sorry. Content Adviser is set a 4 for Language, nudity and sex and 0 for violence.

woodchip 21:33 04 Apr 04

does it say what is stopping it

Diodorus Siculus 21:37 04 Apr 04

Do you have a password with which to override the settings?

Giggle n' Bits 00:29 05 Apr 04

1. Click Start & choose the Run
2. Type in RegEdit & selct OK
3. Click on the little + sign to the left of the H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4. Continue to dril down, always clicking on the + sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version & Policies.

5. Now Click on the Ratings folder.

6. In the right pane of the RegEdit Window, you will see an Icon called Key. Click on this and Press Delete.

7. Choose Registry from the top Tool ber and drop down to Exit the Registry editor - RESTART YOUR PC.

Hope this Helps.

If not done acidental or by a 3rd party, 3rd Party Software like Shareware and that can activate it. People will deny this but Its my job and I have seen it happen many times.

Trikie 15:38 05 Apr 04

Thanks everyone. As the only user I have taken the drastic(?) step of switching off Content Adviser. Is this wise? If it's not then I'll follow Kinloss's instructions.

anon1 16:25 05 Apr 04

There is no point in having content advisor unless you are easily offended. It is really a way of controling what can and can't be viewed.

Giggle n' Bits 21:02 05 Apr 04

Don't you just hate it when they say thanks .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…