Outloox Express

Shinda 13:03 17 Jun 04

Hi There Folks
I am having a problem with my outlook express.Whenever I try to open the prog it takes a hell of a long time to startup and open.This problem has been going on for 2 weeks and no matter what i try i can not speed it up.I have adaware/spyguard and spybot installed but OE was running allright with thes progs before.Please help. Thanks in advance

Stuartli 14:02 17 Jun 04

This is a solution that worked given here:

click here;action=display;threadid=4187

Sometimes removing or disabling Windows (or MSN) Messenger causes OE to open slowly. This will be shown by an entry in the system error log:

The server {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

To fix this, open Regedit and navigate to this key:

In the right-hand pane, double-click on the (Default) value and delete whatever is entered there, leaving it blank. Click OK. Now perform exactly the same step with the key directly underneath, namely

Once both (Default) values are empty, OE will open normally

Another source for a solution is:

click here

which is on similar lines.

Smegs 14:13 17 Jun 04

Shinda, Goto the start button, click on RUN, type in REGEDIT. When another screen opens, look for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" click on the +. Then look for "CLSID", click the +. Then look for "FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541", CLICK THE +. Then click on "INPROC32", in the "Default" line, there should be anything there. If there is, Right click the mouse button and "modify", Delete it. The same goes with the "LOCALSERVER32".

Shinda 14:14 18 Jun 04

Thank you both VERY much,did the above and OE now opens instantly.

Stuartli 14:25 18 Jun 04

That's precisely what was written above your posting...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…