Outlook.pst file not able to open

Richard 11:02 04 Jan 04

I have no idea what I have done but I cannot open Outlook.

When I try I get "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use".

Click "OK" and then I get

"Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail enabled applications and then use the Inbox Repair Tool".

How do I quit mail applications and what is Inbox repair tool?

I think I got the problem when trying to use the same outlook.pst file from my PC on my laptop with a different e-mail setup. I use outlook for all e-mails, appointments, contacts etc. I have managed to recover from a backup but I have lost the last two weeks of work.

Big Elf 11:18 04 Jan 04

In Explorer go to c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT

Double click on SCANPST.exe and browse to the damaged pst file

Big Elf 11:19 04 Jan 04

P.S. Shut Outlook down first.

Big Elf 11:22 04 Jan 04

Were you copying the pst file to and from your laptop? If so that may be the cause of the problem. There is and option to Import and Export on the file menu.

Richard 12:18 04 Jan 04

Thnak you Big Elf your suggestion worked very well and saved me some ringing around to get e-mails resent.

I was copying the outlook file from laptop to PC. It my way of having a daily backup. I was then trying to be clever and use the same outlook file as the e-mail on both computers. I think I will use the import / export in the future unless there is something else you could suggest.

Thanks anyway for the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…