outlook.pst

h04x 09:18 02 Oct 03

hey everyone,i have a little problem,
when i open my outlook it says the file outlook.pst could not be found and gives me the option to click ok, when i click ok it opens a window for me to select a .pst file. but i cant find it atall, when i click cancel in that window it says taht it is unable to open my default e-mail folders as the outlook.pst could not be found, when i click ok on that it offers to load the default file system folder instead, if i click yes it opens outlook, but when i go to my inbox it says

"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst could not be found. "

i have tried using "repair off the office xp cs and tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it still has the same error is there anything i can do to fix it?

any help would be much appreciated

DieSse 11:36 02 Oct 03

Try a search to see if you can find the pst file. If you can't, it may be lost somewhere.

handful 13:08 02 Oct 03

h04x
The normal place for the outlook .pst file is
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
You won't be able to see it unless you go into Windows Explorer,Tools,Folder Options,View and then check the 'Show hidden files and folders' box. If it isn't there at least the search function may be able to see it. Good luck

h04x 21:54 02 Oct 03

yeah i have tried all that but it aint there, it is wrecked, will jus need to convert to outlook express
thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…