Outlook/Outlook Express Won't Connect

lester1 00:35 12 Feb 03

Accidently removed outlook express, I have managed to re-install but can not get o/e to retrieve my e-mail.The following error message is displayed when trying to connect

The host 'intalk21.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'intalk21.com', Server: 'intalk21.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.

I'm not up to speed on this as my original settings were automatic when installing BT Broadband.
Have I got the address wrong? Step by step help please

faichfolds 00:38 12 Feb 03

Try going to the intalk21 site and finding the correct settings. Normally it would be something like pop.intalk21.com

beeuuem 01:30 12 Feb 03

The POP3 address is 'in.talk21.com'

The SMTP address is 'out.talk21.com'
To configure Microsoft Outlook Express to download your Talk21 messages you should:

1. In Outlook Express click on Tools > Accounts > Add > Mail
2. In the Display Name field, enter your first and last name
3. In the Email Address field, enter your talk21 email address. For example [email protected]
4. Email Server Names:
ensure that POP3 is selected as the Incoming Mail Server
In the Incoming POP3 Mail server field, enter in.talk21.com
In the Outgoing Mail SMTP server field, enter out.talk21.com
5. Internet Mail Logon
Opt to login using your POP Account Name
POP Account Name: enter your talk21 user name.
Password: enter your talk21 password. If you leave this empty you will be prompted to enter your password each time you dial-up to download your mail
6. Friendly Name: For example this could be your name
7. Choose Connection Type: If you wish to use the dialler icon on your desktop to connect to the Internet select
I will Establish My Internet Connection Manually
8. You should now have set up your POP3 client

faichfolds 01:33 12 Feb 03

There we are. Mine was a guess.

beeuuem 02:08 12 Feb 03

Close - but no cigar!

lester1 21:37 12 Feb 03

beeuuem
Sorry about the delay in answering I've just come on line. Will try you suggestion and let you know the result

lester1 21:50 12 Feb 03

Worked a treat thanks beeuuem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…