Outlook...moving read mail to another folder

Fateful Shadow 15:04 07 Aug 03

We've just come off of AOL and we're now on Virgin.net...all is going well, except my dad is finding Outlook "annoying."

For anyone who uses AOL, you'll be familiar with this. When you read an e-mail in AOL, you can either keep it as new, or choose just to leave it as read. If you choose the latter, the e-mail automatically gets sent to a folder named "Recieved e-mails" (or something like that).

My dad wants any e-mails that we've read in Outlook Express 6 to be sent to another folder, like it happens in AOL. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks again

Wes Tam ;-) 15:24 07 Aug 03

Fateful Shadow I don't know of an automatic way, but I right click the item in 'Inbox' and 'Move to Folder' of my choice to keep like items together.

Fateful Shadow 15:42 07 Aug 03

Does anybody else have an idea? Thanks for the suggestion Wes Tam ;-) but I just think it would be better if there was something that made it happen automatically...

Glyn-252301 16:05 07 Aug 03

In Outlook Express click on LocalFolders/File/New/Folder/"give it a name" and click OK. You can now move the email to new file by right clicking on it and follow directions.

Hope this is what you wanted, Regards G.

Fateful Shadow 16:10 07 Aug 03

Thanks for the suggestion, Youknowim, but my dad really wants it to be an automated thing. I mean, it takes a matter of seconds to move it from one folder to another, I know, but e just won't accept that! Typical eh?

rawprawn 16:19 07 Aug 03

You can create a rule by clicking organise then move to folder which you can choose, but it only works if you create the rule for specific senders, such as he could make the rule for all emails from his brother or from any other single person or company.

jazzypop 19:49 07 Aug 03

How about click here ?

Or possibly click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…