Outlook2010 - data file locations

Mr. Chips 06 Aug 12

Having had a motherboard meltdown on my XP desktop PC I am now using a Windows7 laptop, but want to keep my data on a RAID system on the network.

I can't find any way of telling Outlook2010 to locate my data files, (I think there are three of them), into another file location.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Pine Man 06 Aug 12

I don't know much about raid BUT there is a Microsoft addin for Outlook 2010 called Outlook Backup Addin that will automatically create a backup of your Outlook files in any location you want at whatever frequency you set it for.

Woolwell 06 Aug 12

This will help MS Support

Mr. Chips 06 Aug 12

Many Thanks Pine Man,

I had a look around and couldn't find something that caught my imagination. I will keep my mind open for future Add In opportunities though!

Woolwell. I followed your link and, although it states that it doesn't support Network drives, it was quite happy to work with my Mapped RAID system.

So, I think, that with your help, I am there

Thank you ... both of you, for your time and assistance.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message