OutLook. You helped my friend now what's happened!

LAP 22:23 17 May 04

I refer to 'Win 98 running very slow. Why?' I mentioned my friend who's computer was running very slow. You came up with the answer.

I sent an email from his computer to mine. Which I did not receive. Your 8 replies I did not/have not received via Pc Advisor which I normally would have done. o/s win xp pro. Have done a restore prior to this happening. No good.

So why am I not recieving Emails?
I have run SpyBot, AdAware, Shredder and also PC-cillion 2003 anti virus/firewall. No good so far any ideas please?

User-312386 22:30 17 May 04

Have you looked on your e-mail webpage to try and pick them up?

LAP 22:38 17 May 04

madboy33, could you explain a little further, please?

PSF 22:57 17 May 04

Lap, is your ISP NTL, if it is they are having problems today with e-mail. click here

LAP 07:30 18 May 04

Sorry PSF should have known better, mines BtOpenworld..Thanks

Stuartli 09:31 18 May 04

Have you checked out OE's configuration is correct?

Graham ® 09:40 18 May 04

Try sending an email to yourself, ie from your machine.

LAP 18:17 18 May 04

Graham, tried, it seems to send ok and is listed in the 'Sent Items' but nothing has been received so far.

Stuartli, I have checked the settings all appears in order.

Could this be virus connected? If so any ideas, I've tried a few things as you can see.. Thanks..

Bagsey 18:42 18 May 04

Correct me if I a wrong but Btopenworld is now BTYahoo. They recently incorporated Spam Guard into the mail system. So have you looked for your mail using the mail icon in IE. Go there and you could find that your mail has been listed wrongly as Spam mail and is in the Bulk mail Folder. Worth a Look anyway. Icidently this Spam Guard is a very good defence and is easliy trained to do what you want.

LAP 20:48 18 May 04

Bagsey, yes you are correct but I never have used their sites..

MORE IMPORTANTLY yes I must shout,, thank you very very much, because I went onto the BTYahoo site and found that the idiots had changed my email address from btopenworld to btinternet hense the reason I and my wife had not been receiving any emails.. A curtesy email from them would have saved us alot of trouble..

Thank you again you saved the day! Lap..

Bagsey 22:10 18 May 04

Good luck. Pleased to have helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…