Outlook XP still looks for Panda Anti-virus

Desert Andy 08:14 16 Dec 04

I have uninstalled Panda Platinum Anti-virus, since I have changed to a different AV program. However, whenever I start Outlook XP no I get the message
'C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\PAV' could not be installed or loaded.

I have tried to uninstall Outlokk and re-install it, but I get the same message. How can I get rid of this problem.

Thanks

Alan2 10:56 16 Dec 04

IF and only IF you have no other Panda software that you want to keep set a restore point - assuming Win XP - then do a search for any files and folders containing entries for Panda and try to delete all you find.

Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the box -> click OK (to enter the registry editor), -> Ctrl+F (to start search) and enter Panda in the box then press [enter].

Check each revealed entry and if it is unambiguous press [delete]. Then press Ctrl+F to continue the search.

If in doubt don't delete.

If you have a registry cleaner like RegScrubXP run that to find any loose bits left behind and "fix" them.

Then do a Restart.

Now that's what I WOULD DO, (and did to get rid of NAV) but others - more expert - may advocate other line of attack.

rawprawn 11:42 16 Dec 04

Try this it just might work. Go to Start / type msconfig/ OK / Start Tab look down the list and see if there is anything relating to Panda, if there is untick it.

rawprawn 11:46 16 Dec 04

PS. If you decide to go into the registry, back up the registry before changing anything.When you are in the registry click on File/ Export / make sure My Computer is highlighted choose where and Save. You can easily restore the registry by double clicking that file.

holly polly 16:56 16 Dec 04

for my refrence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos