Outlook XP still looks for Panda Anti-virus

Desert Andy 08:14 16 Dec 04

I have uninstalled Panda Platinum Anti-virus, since I have changed to a different AV program. However, whenever I start Outlook XP no I get the message
'C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Antivirus Platinum\PAV' could not be installed or loaded.

I have tried to uninstall Outlokk and re-install it, but I get the same message. How can I get rid of this problem.

Thanks

Alan2 10:56 16 Dec 04

IF and only IF you have no other Panda software that you want to keep set a restore point - assuming Win XP - then do a search for any files and folders containing entries for Panda and try to delete all you find.

Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the box -> click OK (to enter the registry editor), -> Ctrl+F (to start search) and enter Panda in the box then press [enter].

Check each revealed entry and if it is unambiguous press [delete]. Then press Ctrl+F to continue the search.

If in doubt don't delete.

If you have a registry cleaner like RegScrubXP run that to find any loose bits left behind and "fix" them.

Then do a Restart.

Now that's what I WOULD DO, (and did to get rid of NAV) but others - more expert - may advocate other line of attack.

rawprawn 11:42 16 Dec 04

Try this it just might work. Go to Start / type msconfig/ OK / Start Tab look down the list and see if there is anything relating to Panda, if there is untick it.

rawprawn 11:46 16 Dec 04

PS. If you decide to go into the registry, back up the registry before changing anything.When you are in the registry click on File/ Export / make sure My Computer is highlighted choose where and Save. You can easily restore the registry by double clicking that file.

holly polly 16:56 16 Dec 04

for my refrence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…