Outlook XP Sent Items Folder

Gorillaz 13:30 12 Aug 03

Just reinstalled Office XP, when I send an email the message is saved in the sent items folder or any folders where I have rules applied as being unread. Any ideas how to stop this happening?

DieSse 14:45 12 Aug 03

"when I send an email the message is saved in the sent items folder or any folders where I have rules applied as being unread"

Sorry, this is not very clear.

Gorillaz 16:22 12 Aug 03

Sorry for not being clear, when I send an email a copy is saved in either the sent folder or another folder such as urgent, work, personel etc where I have a rule to save a copy of the message. The problem I have is that the saved emails are being marked as "unread" in these folders.

watchful 18:19 12 Aug 03

Is there something in the 'Sent Items' folder under Edit that you could change?

Gorillaz 20:36 12 Aug 03

Nothing I have tried everything I can think of.

watchful 20:46 12 Aug 03

Have you looked in Message rules? Perhaps the box marked 'mark as read' is ticked.

Gorillaz 03:56 14 Aug 03

Juts checked the message rules for the sent folder, for some reason when you try to change a rule I cannot apply it to the sent folder only the inbox.

Gorillaz 04:23 14 Aug 03

Just completed the reinstallation and the problem has disappeared.

hugh-265156 04:54 14 Aug 03

i know you got this fixed but in future all you have to do is click any folder then click edit and either select "mark all as read" or "mark as unread".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…