Outlook XP crashes on send/receive

BBM 09:17 12 Sep 03

When I receive an email from a friend it crashes Outlook XP and goes to 'Not Responding'when downloading from my POP box. It only does this from one person who is in my contacts list. Sometimes I don't even recieve the email at all. He has tried sending from a different email address at Yahoo and it still does the same.

I have no problem with any email or any other contact.

However if I download my emails from Outlook Express 6 there is no problem at all. Unfortuneatley I need to use Outlook XP, as we are currently using and installing Small Business Server and EXhange 2000.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have been using Outlook XP for while and have received emails from this firend before with no problem and then it just started.

plankton 12:42 12 Sep 03

Is this all e-mails from the one person, or a specific one with an attachment?

BBM 12:51 12 Sep 03

All emails from just the one person, no attachments

plankton 15:36 12 Sep 03

Have you checked the setup of his and your Outlook, it is possible (although unlikely) that there is something incompatible with his/her format.

Are u using a mail-washer or spam killer which has inadvertantly marked them as a "do not receive"?

I think we need someone who knows more about outlook xp to assist here please. ,o)

plankton 18:17 13 Sep 03

Anyone out there who can suggest something for BBM??

BBM 11:03 15 Sep 03

I do use Ad Subtract, but I have checked and his email has not been added to it's lists. any Outlook Express still downloads this email OK.

plankton 12:44 15 Sep 03

Looks like everyone who uses outlook xp is on holiday. 'fraid I cant help any more.....:o(

BBM 13:10 15 Sep 03

Never mind thanks for your interest anyway. I've cut my loses and signed up for a hotmail account for my to send mail to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now