Outlook XP Address Book

Gorillaz 08:38 09 Aug 04

I have a contact who recently changed their email address. When I send an email to the new address for some reason Outlook is also sending the same email to the old address. Now that the account has been closed I keep getting my message bounced back. Any idea how to stop this happening?

Young Ranger 10:02 09 Aug 04

When you put the new address into your address book did you use the same nickname without deleting the old address? If so then this probably why the message is going out twice.

If this is the case then delete the old address or at least change the nickname.

Gorillaz 10:49 09 Aug 04

When the email address was changed I just updated the the info in the contacts folder. I will try deleting the old contact card and create a new one as suggested I will let you know how I get on.

Gorillaz 14:50 09 Aug 04

Sorry Young Ranger tried deleting the old contact and making a new contact card but it did not work. It seems as though I may need to get rid of the auto complete that I had for the old email address. I haven't a clue how to do this, any ideas?

Young Ranger 17:00 09 Aug 04

Unless the contact is duplicated I can't see why the message is being sent twice. The only thing I can sugest is right clicking on one of the bounced messages, select Junk mail/add sender to blocked senders list.

This is probably not the answer that you are hoping for but it should reduce the inconvenience a bit.

Sorry I can't be a more helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…