Outlook XP (2002) crashing

Martin-194386 11:17 08 Aug 04

Outlook XP (2002) keeps crashing. I reinstall it and get a day or two's peace, then it starts crashing again. Sometimes I get an option to start it in safe mode, which seems to fix the problem, but next time I don't seem to get the safe mode option. Then the whole cycle begins again. My McAfee Anti Virus & Firewall are always up to date. I have no viruses. Windows XP is fully up to date also. The only change that coincides with when this started is the installation of DSL broadband. When it crashes WinFax Pro crashes too. Everyting else seems unaffected. Has any body any suggestions?

VoG II 11:20 08 Aug 04

What error messages do you get?

livewire 11:24 08 Aug 04

Outlook 2002 does seem to be a very crash happy program. However, do you find it crashes if you are in 'Working Offline' mode?

File>Work Offline ?

VoG II 12:43 08 Aug 04

via e-mail

I just get the egg timer forever... If I wait long enough "Outlook Not Responding" appears in the title bar and also if I bring up the Windows Task Manager

========================

Please respond using the Add a response box at the bottom of the page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

See if these help click here

livewire 11:15 09 Aug 04

Have you looked at office update and dowloaded the most recent service pack from your office suite?

click here

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) provides the latest updates to Office XP and contains significant security enhancements, as well as stability and performance improvements.

livewire 12:39 09 Aug 04

It may now be worth taking WINFAX pro out of the equation. If you run outlook without Winfax pro enabled do you still experience any problems?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…