Outlook working sporadically

lilythepink 20:41 05 May 10

Stopped working, and is only receiving an email now and again. Have checked the settings etc, and logged into my emails through the virgin media website, but it seems to make no difference.

onthelimit 09:18 06 May 10

If it's definitley not an ISP problem, I'd be tempted to remove then reinstall Outlook.

Woolwell 09:53 06 May 10

Please confirm that it is Outlook and not Outlook Express. Which version of Outlook and what is your OS. I would try scanpst and repair options.

Sea Urchin 10:09 06 May 10

"Have checked the settings etc, and logged into my emails through the virgin media website, but it seems to make no difference".

Are you saying that when you go to the webmail site there are also no emails appearing there? If so then there cannot be any coming into Outlook - that's where they come from. That would be a different problem.

lilythepink 17:50 06 May 10

i have reinstalled Microsoft Outlook 2007, still only receiving some emails. I have got work colleagues and friends to sent emails to me, and I haven't received any, and they are not on my webmail either....

Sea Urchin 18:10 06 May 10

Then there is no problem with Outlook - if the mail is not on the Virgin website then there is no way that Outlook can access it. You would need to take it up Virgin.

Sea Urchin 18:10 06 May 10

Have you tried sending a test message to yourself?

lilythepink 18:51 06 May 10

i received a test message that was sent from microsoft....

Sea Urchin 18:58 06 May 10

Why would Microsoft be sending a message? It will fully test your Outlook features (send and receive) to send a test message to yourself.

lilythepink 19:42 06 May 10

Yes I have received my test email that I sent myself, but others have not arrived.

VoG II 19:47 06 May 10

Check the Virgin status page for your area click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009