Outlook-Word OLE registration error

I receive an error message in Outlook when I go to reply or write email:

"Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed ,[or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program."

I tried to "repair" my Office installation and then tried to "reinstall" my Office installation, but neither helped. I was using Outlook with Word as the editor just this morning but now it gives me this error message.

Any suggestions?

VoG II 18:53 14 Jun 09

This may help click here

mfletch 18:54 14 Jun 09

This any help

click here

Once again, my sincere thanks for the offers of help. VoG, I followed everything in the proposed solution, but I think whatever loophole WinXP had which allowed the problem was too big. mfletch, it was just that simple! A one line command fixed the problem completely. One day I would like to know what causes these seemingly mundane .dll and other such files to just corrupt or disappear! I don't understand, but there seems to be a never ending string of such "problems." Once again, thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…