Outlook won't work

sambucameister 23:02 14 Dec 06

Hi All,
I used to use OE for e-mails, with Outlook for contacts and schedules etc (don't know why really). Then my PC crashed and was scrubbed clean. when I re-loaded everything (Office 2000 pro) OE works fine but Outlook wont open. I get the following - Unable to open default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a location to send and receive e-mail could not be found. To add a location, such as a personal folder file, double click the mail icon in windows control panel.
When I click OK, I get a box with - Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?
Click Yes, then get - Outlook is not currently your default manager for calender and contacts. Would you like to register Outlook as the default manager.
Click yes, then nothing happens.

Any thoughts out there?
I could really do with Outlook back if possible.

brundle 00:23 15 Dec 06
  sambucameister 13:18 15 Dec 06

Hi Brundle - thanks for the link ( the top one won't open for some reason).
I think the problem is that I have a corporate version of Outlook loaded and I can't personalise it. Its far too complicated for me but thanks anyway.

terryf 17:18 15 Dec 06

Have you considered using Open Office which is free and will do practically everything that the msoft Office will do click here

wee eddie 17:59 15 Dec 06

Unfortunately, alternatives to "Outlook" are few and far between. Open Office does not have one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced