Outlook wont send emails

Podracer 23:15 18 Oct 06

Got me foxed, and Tiscali don't seem to be able to understand the question.

I've recently set up a BB account with Tiscali, having had a dial up account with Freeserve for many years - with no problesm at all.

Having installed Tiscali BB, I can surf OK (isn't BB quick!!), and receive email on both Tiscali and Freeserve addresses.

However, can't send. When I click "Send/Recieve" the status box appears with entries for "receiving mail on account ... " etc - but there are no entries for "sending mail on account....".

I have re-entered the account seettings for both accounts manually and have also imported the FS one on a floppy that I had saved it on. Still no joy.

Using Trend PC-cillin as AV software - and even when I turn off the e-mail scanning, still no ability to send e-mails. No error messages appear anyehere in the whole process.

Using WinXP with SP2 with Outlook 2000 - same problem occurs with Outlook Express too.

Any thoughts, all you clever guys ??

Thanks.

johnnyrocker 23:17 18 Oct 06

go to connections on properties and check what it says to connect using?

johnny.

Podracer 23:33 18 Oct 06

Thnks for the repsonse . . but . . .tried that several times, connecting both via the LAN and via the phone line - still won't work. Which box do you think should be ticked?

I've got a 500 mile drive tomorrow, so I'm callimg it day now, and will try and catch up with any repsonse at the w/e.

johnnyrocker 23:35 18 Oct 06

try deleting and recreating accounts as outlook is prone to corruption.

johnny.

Podracer 22:06 23 Oct 06

Johnny,

VMT for your help so far - still no joy - I will continue to harry Tiscali and hope that they can come up with the solutions

PR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…