Outlook will not send emails

kiddgame2000 15:12 27 Apr 08

I am trying to set up my parents tiscali account to work through outlook however i can only get it to recieve emails not send them.

The following appears when i try to send anything

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 Sorry, your non-local IP address (??.???.??.???) is not allowed to send email via me.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC6F

I removed the IP address above as i didn't know how wise it was to publish that on the internet.

Has anyone any suggestions?

I have followed all the instructions on tiscali's website to the letter and nothing is happening?

Thanks

johnnyrocker 15:22 27 Apr 08

have you got the correct smtp settings?

johnny

rawprawn 16:08 27 Apr 08

Try putting SMTP in capitals, if you haven't done so already

rawprawn 16:13 27 Apr 08
  sharpamat 16:53 27 Apr 08

Open outlook express and select accounts, highlight the account then select properties then servers

your mail in ( Pop3) and out ( SMTP ) should have the servers name

down the bottom of that page is the box for authentication tick it open settings and tck the box for log on as required ( ie use same setting as incoming mail )

brundle 17:58 27 Apr 08

Your server names are correct, case is irrelevant. Delete any/all emails in the outbox and create a new one - try port 587 for SMTP (look under the Advanced tab). Is it a brand new account? If they've been with another ISP, try the old ISP's SMTP server for a couple of tests.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…