Outlook will not run

collinsc 11:06 24 May 08

Hi

I dont often use outlook, i have just attempted to do so and i receive an error message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Unable to locate component - This application hs failed to start because MSVCR80.dll as not found. Re-installing the aplication may fix this problem".

It then attempts to fix it- but doesnt.!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Pine Man 11:18 24 May 08

'Re-installing the application may fix this problem'

A good place to start!

collinsc 17:16 01 Jul 08

hi
regarding the below, i have been wracking my brains as to where my vista disk is. It has just occured to me that i dont think i had a disk and infact it was loaded when i first powered up my laptop!

I took backup discs at that point.

Do i use my back up disks? (in which case - how do i identify 'outlook' only) or shall i contact laptop support company for a disk?

Thanks

Pine Man 19:14 01 Jul 08

Outlook is a component of Microsoft Office. It has got nothing to do with Vista, which contains Outlook Express.

collinsc 19:17 01 Jul 08

Ahh ok...
Well the same thing still applies - im pretty sure all of the software was loaded up from the laptop itself. So do i use a backup disc (in which case my same query applies) or do i contact support - do you suggest?

thanks

Pine Man 09:01 02 Jul 08

Unless you have a copy of Microsoft Office I can't see any way of re-installing Outlook. I doubt that the backup disks you have will be able to identify individual programs.

It maybe worth contacting your support for advice as you should really have a disk for Office.

PO79 13:38 02 Jul 08

click here dowload and place in <system Root>\Windows\Sys32 folder

Terry Brown 14:08 02 Jul 08

Open Control panel , Add /Remove, scroll down to the Office program and select 'Click here for support information', select repair.

This is based on the XP system, I presume Vista is the same.
Terry

collinsc 18:00 02 Jul 08

Terry - that worked ! thanks very much!

thanks to everyone who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…