Outlook and WIFI hotspots

ian-inhome 10:03 22 May 07

Outlook and WIFI hotspots
How do I find out the SMTP address of a hotspot? I can receive e mails on all my accounts (Freeserve/ Supanet /Tiscali etc) but as I don’t know the SMTP I am unable to reply / send. When I am in the UK there is no problem as my SMTP for all my accounts is set to talktalk my present UK provider. At present I am in Spain and using local hotspots I can receive but not send.any ideas please Hopefully I will go to the hotspot in the morning download e mails, type the replies off line in the day then send them in the evening.
The present conection is named CiberGirona

ian-inhome 18:41 22 May 07

MAJ 18:57 22 May 07

Why don't you try sending your emails from the ISP's respective webmail site, rather than sending from Outlook?

ian-inhome 16:38 27 May 07

Thank you for the reply At the moment I have very limited web acesss only about 15 mins per day. To log onto each account and answer e mail on line would not be practical.also some of my e mail accounts I no longer have accounts with the i.s.p allthough the e mails still work. That is why Outlook / windows mail would be ideal as I could download mail in the morning type replies during the day then send them in one go in the evening.

Woolwell 17:04 27 May 07

You can use your pop settings to download. But to send I suggest that you use the MAJ's method.

Forum Editor 17:27 27 May 07

will prevent you from what's called relaying - sending via one ISP's server whilst connected to another ISP. You must send via the smtp server of the ISP through which you're connected to the internet, and nowadays pretty well every smtp server will equire you to authenticate; if you're not signed up with that ISP you will not be able to send email.

The only way around the problem is to send via your own ISP's webmail service.

ian-inhome 15:52 29 May 07

many thanks for the replies. It seems i cant use windows mail / outlook to reply to e mails. Thanks to those who replied

ian-inhome 15:52 29 May 07

many thanks for the replies. It seems i cant use windows mail / outlook to reply to e mails. Thanks to those who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…