Outlook Web Access

neil_raj 16:16 24 Nov 07

Hi all.

I want to use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my primary email account. But I also need to access this on any computer. I understand this is call "Microsoft Web Access," I use Windows XP Pro and IIS "Internet Information Systems" is installed on my PC. How do I login into Outlook on any PC and use it as any other email web based client?

Thanks.... Neil.

MAJ 16:42 24 Nov 07

As far as I'm aware (not knowing a lot about Outlook) you need to have a Microsoft Exchange account to do that. Of course I could be completely wrong.

neil_raj 16:43 24 Nov 07

I know that MAJ but where do I get that from?

neil_raj 16:51 24 Nov 07

I'm currently downloading Microsoft Exchange from click here almost 700mb, but does it need to be present on the PC that I try to access my Outlook account from?

MAJ 16:55 24 Nov 07

Microsoft Exchange is a complicated SOB, usually for businesses and learning institutions, way beyond me, I'm afraid, neil_raj. But have a look at this, it might help. click here and this click here

neil_raj 17:11 24 Nov 07

Yea I know that MAJ, I will have a look at the program when it completes the download, all I need is access to Outlook from any web based PC, thanks MAJ.... Neil.

MAJ 17:26 24 Nov 07

If you used something like the free version of VNC click here you could remotely connect to your PC and get access to Outlook that way. I have used it a few times in the past to repair remote PCs and it works well. It obviously works better if both connections are broadband connections. I think it was on one of PCA coverdisks recently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…