Outlook Vs Thunderbird

Curacion66 20:09 13 Feb 07

I have just left AOL & want to use either Outlook Express, Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. I can't make my mind up. What do other people recommend. Does one have an advantage over the other.

Stuartli 20:13 13 Feb 07

Outlook is more business orientated than OE or Thunderbird.

Belatucadrus 20:16 13 Feb 07

Both pretty good, but Thunderbird has the option of tweaking it with assorted extensions like the lightening calender, combine that with its integrated spam filter and spellcheck that isn't dependent on Office being installed and it's a bit more versatile.
Another one you may like to try is Pegasus click here

Ptolemy 20:24 13 Feb 07

You might find this of interest.

click here

Wikipedia compression of email client.

GasGasOhlins 08:19 14 Feb 07

I have just changed from OE to Thunderbird...its even smoother to look at!!....spell checker is good too...

:)

GasGasOhlins 08:28 14 Feb 07

oh...i forgot to ask...what is this lightening calender you speak of??.....if its a normal scheduling claender/diary i sure could use one...

??

cocteau48 08:35 14 Feb 07

I changed to T'bird over a year ago and have never once been tempted to go back to to OE. Some of the alternative skins are a nice touch as well.

wotbus@ 09:38 14 Feb 07

I have used T'Bird for a couple of years and will never change - it's brill.

cocteau48 10:08 14 Feb 07

GasGasOhlins:
click here

Curacion66 23:16 14 Feb 07

Many thanks. I've installed Thunderbird this evening. All set up & working well. Grwat advice from all. John

GasGasOhlins 14:40 15 Feb 07

Thanks for that Cocteau48.....downloaded and perfect for me..is this heaven or las vegas?

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…