Outlook Vs AOL on XP

bta1 16:25 11 Feb 04

This is a bit strange, it is also something i know nothing about.

I have been told of a great new way to connect to the interent that works. Brilliant, much faster uses the full speed of the modem. Great.

BUT

I still have to use aol to get my email.
I have been told i can use outlook now because i don't need to use aol, but the guy who is going to do it needs their POP and SMTP server adresses. (I do not know what these mean. but i am hoping someone out there will.) Does anyone know how i can find them.
P.S If this is illegal, because you never know with computers, then let me know and i will stop.

JIM 16:43 11 Feb 04

and dont know if what your trying to do is illegal or not,but after typing in Outlook and AOL using there Keyword search,the following links came up.

This may be old info or not related you your thread topic,but the info is not illegal.

click here

click here

R4 16:55 11 Feb 04

POP3 and SMTP are mail protocol servers and your mail provider should give you the information you need to connect to these service.

Usualy POP3 is your incoming service (receive mail) and SMTP is the outgoing service (send)

Djohn 17:33 11 Feb 04

AOL Keyword IMAP will give you the details of transferring your email to IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced