Outlook v outlook express, quick query

Cessna 01:13 26 Sep 08

On my old pc i was using XP and outlook express. this suited me fine. if i received an email with photo attachments they automatically showed up in the main body of the email. ie) didnt have to click on the jpeg symbol in the attachments bar at the top.

now i have moved over to vista and outlook. great package, however, now when i receive emails with photo attachments it is not displayed in the main body of the email, i have to click on the jpeg icon in the attachments bar to open up the image. then close it and do the same with the next one.

life was so much more simpler when 4 or 5 jpegs were just there in the main body and i could just scroll down at my leisure and see them all.

is there any way i can make outlook do it this way to? im not talking about the preview pane, but rather the actual email itself when i open it direct from the inbox.

i want to be able to see the images in the main body of the email.

any help appreciated.....

Woolwell 11:30 26 Sep 08

Outlook is more secure than Outlook Express and you have to open attachments to view them. This way you make a decision to look at a photo which may or may not be harmful to your system.

Which version of Outlook? I don't know how Windows Mail handles photos.

Picklefactory 11:37 26 Sep 08

In Outlook 2003 I'm pretty sure it's a security setting in options that decides whether pictures are displayed or not. NOT displaying them is the recommended default setting, as it is more secure (Ref Woolwell's note). But if you did choose to have them displayed try
Tools>Trust Centre>Automatic Download and uncheck the "Don't download pictures automatically in HTML email messages or RSS items" check box.

Picklefactory 11:39 26 Sep 08

"it's a security setting in options"
for options read tools

Woolwell 11:51 26 Sep 08

I think that you'll find that the "download of pictures automatically" is for images embedded in html messages and not for attachments. I could be wrong.

Picklefactory 13:17 26 Sep 08

Hmmmm! You could be right, I haven't actually tried this so maybe I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…