OUTLOOK v OUTLOOK EXPRESS

rupert147 10:01 16 Jul 09

I am an Outlook Express user for emailing, but everytime Microsoft does updates it tries to change me to Outlook, which I know nothing about. Is there a recognised better product? Are they compatible, i.e. can I just start using Outlook and not lose any data, settings etc?

Is there any point in me swapping to Outlook?

Thanks,

mimosa418 10:40 16 Jul 09

I do not understand what you mean by updates trying to cange you to Outlook.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is a relativey expensive bundle of programmes.
I , by chance, you have a copy of office installed on your machine you will find outlook more versatile than OE, having a contacts system and diary included.
Outlook Express files can be imported in to Outlok so you would not lose any data.

Clapton is God 11:42 16 Jul 09

Generally OE is regarded as a simple, no frills e-mail client (which I use) for the home user.

On the other hand, Outlook is widely used in offices/business because of its combined e-mail and calendar/diary/meeting request capability.

recap 12:09 16 Jul 09

If you change to Outlook all emails and contacts will be imported for you from OE.

You can use the calendar in Outlook for reminders of birthdays, anniversaries and much more.

click here for an Outlook tutorial.

lotvic 21:21 16 Jul 09

Microsoft Office Updates always try to get you to change the default to Outlook.

I prefer (at the moment) to use Outlook Express so always have to remake it my default after Office updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…