Outlook v Outlook

wee eddie 28 Jan 13

I run M$ Office and use Outlook, within it, as my email gathering program, I also have an Hotmail Account which has recently been upgraded to M$ Outlook.

Now, I'm getting confused because they're not one and the same piece of Software.

The Question: Has some "Naming" Convention been developed to easily differentiate between the two?

lotvic 28 Jan 13

The old hotmail is 'Outlook .com' I think most people include the .com to differentiate between it and Office Outlook when discussing. (Maybe what would be better is Office Outlook and Outlook.com) I agree, it's all very confusing.

wiz-king 28 Jan 13

Dont forget Outlook Express.

Forum Editor 28 Jan 13

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

lotvic 28 Jan 13

I had forgotten Outlook Express which I have on my XP pc :) It's now an 'out-dated' email client but I find it does the job and still collects my free hotmail on that pc.

Am thinking I will have to change Hotmail to Outlook.com and change Outlook Express to Office Outlook which will cope with Outlook.com.... Or maybe I'll take an aspirin and lie down instead - no wonder my W7 hard drive is still not fully configured and I use XP one to collect email. (Don't even mention W8) Oh well it'll get done eventually.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message