furkin 14:25 02 Sep 03

hi all,
I have a slight problem that i would appreciate help on please.
I have just started using Outlook after years with O.Express.
Today I have tried sending a couple of attachments,,,, whick took about 10 minutes each send. This was a text only, A4 page with no colour,,, scanned in Adobe & is saved as .jpg sized about 800kb.
The attachment is just a fixture list,,, which my equipment, using O.Express, has previously sent in a matter of seconds.
I have disabled NAV & AVG as a test, but to no avail.
I have sent someone else a 5 sheet document (text only) as drag'n'paste into the message body, & it went off fine.
(I have had to forego O.Express, as it contains the blaster virus & prevents me from re loading O.Express, which I prefer)
If anyone has the time, can you give me an idea of where to start looking please ?

xania 20:24 02 Sep 03

Frankly, Outlook is a bit much if you are a home user although your experiences take the can. I would recommend that you download the security patch and run it. This will stop the virus from impacting. You should also download the removal tool and run this AFTER installing the security patch and that will get rid of the virus. Finally, I recommend you get yourself a decent AV program and keep it up to date.

furkin 23:46 02 Sep 03

thanks,,,, you'r right,, it is a bit much,, but thats not the problem.
I have downloaded the patch,,, I have got the virus in the vault in the O.E file.
I have now got a new version of Norton AV (which should have come bundled with Firewall ( see separate posting))
I have tried installing new I.E (with O.E) but the machine weill not accept it.
I really would like to get back to my good fried O.Express !
thanks again for the reply

xania 19:35 03 Sep 03

Try to uninstall both IE & OE and then make sure that "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" and "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" are removed. Then try running a clean installation of both from your Norton AV installation and see if oyu have any better joy.

Good luck!

wee eddie 21:26 03 Sep 03

I have got a virus and haven't yet got my system back up and running yet.

I am not qualified to help, but first you must get the virus out of your system.

If this is the problem, say if this is where you are, and the others will talk you through it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…