Outlook Today not showing any information

Ptolemy 11:32 12 Jun 10

Outlook Today should show upcoming events recored in the calendar, current tasks and read/unread messages depending on settings. Mine shows only the titles Calendar, Tasks, Messages but isn't filling in any details.

I have Office Enterprise 2007 and use Outlook as my email client. I have just worked out how to sync Outlook's calendar with my Gmail account (meaning I can pick-up calendar details anywhere with a web connection) and want to use Today as my Outlook start screen, but it doesn't find anything.

I have played around with the settings for hours, created new events and tasks, left mail unread or marked it as unread, run Office repairs, deleted the OUTclick here file (which seems to be involved with Today) and had it replaced by a repair without any positive effects.

I'm considering removing all off Office, but I have a horrible suspicion whatever files are responsible will remain when I re-install.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Woolwell 11:58 12 Jun 10

Puzzled by this one. I assume that you are familiar with the customisation options for Outlook Today and that you have calendar set for more than 1 day, etc and that there are events within 1 week.
You seem to have done most things but have you tried scanpst? click here

Woolwell 12:02 12 Jun 10

Had another thought sometimes Outlook has a problem with profiles. Have you tried creating another profile and see if Outlook Today looks ok in that click here.

Personally I ignore Outlook Today. I have Outlook open to my e-mail and the To-Do Bar shows all of my calendar events and tasks.

Ptolemy 12:31 12 Jun 10

Hi Woolwell & thanks for the reply.

I've run scanpst - it found a few errors but a repair made no difference. I had previously tried removing all accounts and current psts without an effect.

I've created a new profile - I think my old one had been around since I updated from Office 2003 to 2007 so thought you might hvae been onto something there, but still no change.

I appreciate the suggestion of using the To-do bar (which works just fine), but I've got to the point now that I'm determined to make Today work.

It's almost as if whatever should be checking for Today's details is turned off.

Woolwell 13:57 12 Jun 10

I wonder if the Today page is pointing to the correct address. Right click personal Folders and select Properties for personal folders. On the home page tab what address is shown, mine is
res://C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\OUTLWVW.DLL/outlook.htm

Ptolemy 14:13 12 Jun 10

It's pointing to the right location, and just to be sure I've reset it to the default. Following something a Google search came up with I copied the URL into IE and it still showed the same headings with no details.

Woolwell 15:00 12 Jun 10

Interesting article click here.

When I paste in the URL in IE (it must be IE) then I get just the headings but this is because the databinding isn't enabled. I suspect that your problem may lie with databinding.

Woolwell 15:07 12 Jun 10

I think that you may have a registry error. See click here and scroll to the bottom.

Woolwell 15:10 12 Jun 10

BTW what is your OS?

Ptolemy 15:12 12 Jun 10

XP with all the updates.

Woolwell 15:13 12 Jun 10

Hm found some more info. Does Outlook Today work ok in Outlook safe mode click here?
Try a scanpst on Outlook in Safe mode see click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…