Outlook suddenly unable to send email

yousef_mcr 14:17 08 Feb 08

I've been signed up with Sky's broadband package for several months now and have been using Outlook 2000 to send and receive emails from my doctors.net.uk POP3 email account.

Strangely, two days ago I suddenly became unable to send emails and instead get the following error message:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the mail server. Server response: "550 settings". (Account: 'mail1.doctors.org.uk. SMTP server: 'smtp.sky.com', error number: 0x800ccc79)."

I've done a bit of Googling on the error number and have tried changing my Outgoing mail server port numbers but to no avail.

Most of the other answers I found through Google seemed to be addressed to people who'd had this sort of problem from day one, rather than having it suddenly develop, as seems to have happened to me.

I know I should probably try ringing Sky's helpline in the first instance but previous experience suggests that it might be less frustrating to ask here first... Any help would be much appreciated.

scotty 22:43 08 Feb 08

I think this article will explain what has happened:

click here

yousef_mcr 23:08 08 Feb 08

Aha! Thanks for that.

I certainly don't remember receiving word from Sky that this was going to happen...

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…