Outlook Spy

DTM 21:17 26 Jul 08

I have used Outlook Spy in the past to get rid of stuck read receipts but cannot remember how to install the program. It wants to install it in program files but I am sure it has to go somewhere else?

I tried installing it to the default but the toolbar does not appear when I run outlook.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sea Urchin 22:13 26 Jul 08

Have you tried right-clicking the Outlook Toolbar and seeing if Spy is there? If so click to display.

DTM 19:06 27 Jul 08

Yes did that and from toolbars in the view menu.

Sea Urchin 19:23 27 Jul 08

Is it showing in Add/Remove Programs as being installed? I have never used it, but I have just downloaded it from this link

click here

and simply let it install to the Program Files default, and there is the Toolbar when I open Outlook.

I would suggest uninstalling (if it is already there) and then reinstalling again. Make sure Outlook is closed when you do it.

DTM 19:27 27 Jul 08

Unfortunately no luck. Installs to program files/outlook Spy. I have tried running the installer as admin as well but no luck.

woodchip 19:32 27 Jul 08

Look for the .exe file in the program and double click it to see if it runs. If it does drag a shortcut to quick start bar to run it from

Sea Urchin 19:55 27 Jul 08

I should add that when installing I "Ran" rather than "Saved", but that should not make any difference to the end product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac