outlook smtp prolem

Kingfisher 17:32 24 Apr 08

A friend of mine recently bought a new pc and installed xp professional on it, the problem is that he couldn,t get his email to work, so I guided him through deleting his email account and creating a new account, this worked fine until a reboot. he was able to receive email but not able to send emails. deleting the account and creating new account works, but fails again at reboot. all the right boxes and smtp settings are ticked and correct in his email settings.
I have tried to get him to do sfc /scannow, but he says that when prompted for the xp disk he just gets the xp installation files starting from the xp disk and scannow does not seem to work, any ideas would be appreciated.
sorry if all a bit vague but this was all done over the phone and he is not very computer literate

brundle 19:05 24 Apr 08

Ask your friend what error message he sees (starting with 0x800...) and take a look at the very helpful Tiscali OE help-pages. click here

Kingfisher 20:57 24 Apr 08

Thanks Brundle will see if I can get this informtion

Kingfisher 21:31 25 Apr 08

ref: Brundle's request here is what he sent me Its RUNDLL32 C\windows\system32\kcuuyxss.dll

brundle 22:44 25 Apr 08

That's not the kind of error message I was expecting (more like this click here). If that message is appearing at boot-up, or repeatedly while using Windows it's indicative of an infection of some sort having got into the machine. The email problem should be put on the backburner until your friend has run a full antivirus scan, a full antispyware scan with SuperAntiSpyware and/or Spywareterminator( click here) and if neither solve the problem (try running the scan in Safe Mode too first) run HJT click here and post the log at this forum click here

brundle 22:45 25 Apr 08

That first link as I meant it to appear; click here

Kingfisher 09:39 26 Apr 08

Thanks for coming back on this one Brundle, I think I need to go round there and try all the things you have suggested, and will post back, thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…