Outlook Setting Problem

juliesalt 10:02 19 Jan 08

I used Win XP "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" to collect all of settings as my hard drive was failing. I was using Outlook 2003 as my email application.
I have now re-installed everything onto my new hard drive and have upgraded to Outlook 2007.
I am having trouble locating the Outlook 2003 files and setting to import them into Outlook 2007.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thanks
JAS

SANTOS7 10:21 19 Jan 08

they are normally in .PST format, look for a file with the .PST file extension...

juliesalt 20:49 19 Jan 08

Thanks for the reply.
I have searched for .PST files it I only finds the empty folder for the new Outlook 2007 installation. I have just run the Files and settings Tranfer Wizard, which I know contains the back up of my Outlook 2003 settings but when I search for those .PST files nothing is found.
Any other ideas?
JAS

SANTOS7 20:54 19 Jan 08

Where Does Outlook Store Information?
Exchange server then...

Outlook stores information in folders. These folders aren't the same type of folders that you use in Windows to store documents, spreadsheets, and pictures. These folders are either stored on an Exchange Server, or in the file system in a Personal Folders file. If you're not using an Exchange Server, your Outlook data is always stored in a Personal Folders file. This file has a file extension of .pst and can be stored on your local machine or on a network share. A Personal Folders file isn't quite the same as a Word document or Excel spreadsheet. It stores all of your Outlook folders, email messages, calendar entries, contacts, tasks, journal items, and notes within its structure.

juliesalt 21:10 19 Jan 08

Hi,
I understand that .pst files are different and have to be imported but I just can't find them!
When I ran the Transfer Wizard on the old hard drive I left it at the default settings and I believe these include all the .pst files.
Now I have upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have run the Transfer Wizard on the new hard drive those old .pst files can't be found.
Could the fact that the default user identity is now different to the one on the original hard drive be an issue? If so how do I change the user identity to the original one?
Many thanks
JAS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced