Outlook set up

RamUK 12:07 17 Jul 03

I have Outlook 2000 with Office 2000 professional.

I am trying to set up Outlook so that when I open it, it goes straight to my inbox. I have done this in previous versions but I can not find out how to do it with this one. I have checked Help and looked in all the usual places like Views, Options etc etc and I think I'm going mad because I'm sure it can be done.

One other thing. When Outlook does open and goes to the Outlook Today page, there is a Customise Outlook Today button in the top right. Even though it appears to be a link, clicking on it does nothing. Is it the same as the customise button under Tools?

Big Elf 13:40 17 Jul 03

Try this. Right click on the Outlook icon and select properties, click on the shortcut tab and in the target box paste in the following:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /recycle

This is how it's set-up on my system and Outlook opens at the inbox.

The button doesn't work for me either.

RamUK 13:53 17 Jul 03

It's already set up like that.

Thansk for the input though.

Jester2K II 14:00 17 Jul 03

On the Outlook Today page isn't there a link or option to set Outlook to goto the Inbox next time??

Jester2K II 14:04 17 Jul 03

Try Tools, Menu, Options, Other, Advanced, Startup In This Folder.

Take from Outlook 2002 but i'm sure it the same as 2000...

Big Elf 14:17 17 Jul 03

Well spotted.

RamUK 14:29 17 Jul 03

rawprawn 16:12 17 Jul 03

Outlook 2000 using Office Professional go to Outlook today/Tools/options/other/advanced options/there is a dropdown menu at the top, called startup in this folder, change the setting to inbox.

rawprawn 16:24 17 Jul 03

The answer to your second question is no,it is different but if you use Tools/options or Tools/customise you can do anything from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…