Outlook sends attachments, and again, again...

VoG II 23:27 03 Aug 04

Please note: this is Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express. O/S is Windows XP Home.

When sending messages that include an attachment, Outlook seems to get stuck in a loop. The message stays in the Outbox and the recipient receives multiple copies. Sorry to forum members who have suffered this.

The only way that I have found to stop this behaviour is to set Outlook to work Offline, restart, then delete the message from the Outbox. The messages do not appear in "Sent Items".

Any ideas?

temp003 04:35 04 Aug 04

Do you get any error message?

A guess - would it have something to do with Server Timeout? A combination of large attachment and slow AV scanning for outgoing attachment? Try going into Advanced Settings for your email account, and increase the timeout value.

Chegs ® 04:50 04 Aug 04

Change the automatic Send/Recieve interval to something longer, maybe it is trying to re-send before the message is done sending....is maybe another way to repeat Temp's post.

Another forum...

Have you tried to recreate the email account and checked if that would help ?

Is this happening to just one recepient or many ?

Temporarily disable any anti-spam software, firewall and see if that would help while sending the email

Does it happen only while sending attachments or just plain email message ?

Have you tested sending email attachments of smaller size?

via googling click here

VoG II 08:24 04 Aug 04

No error message. This only happens with attachments (pretty big ones, though not always), and to different recipients. I'll try increasing the timeout - this will have to wait until later when I can access the account.

Thanks for the suggestions.

VoG II 17:44 04 Aug 04

Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Successfully sent 4MB attachment once only.

Thanks guys!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…