Outlook - sending email problem

richbowenuk` 18:38 30 Jun 04

I have trouble sending emails sometimes on Outlook. I currently have one email which is only 400kb and is going to one person. Outlook keeps saying that the smtp server has timed out even though i have adjusted the settings. I have also checked my mcafee security suite and can't see anything wrong with that! Any ideas?

johnnyrocker 19:58 30 Jun 04

firewall?

johnny.

pmjd 20:08 30 Jun 04

Which version of McAfee are you using? If it's version 8 you might experience a few problems, especially with attachments. Try the McAfee forums, they had a patch available but it didn't work for me.

This led to a week long bout of email hell due to McAfee messing things up. Worst thing was they had know about the problem for months!!

After we upgraded to version 8 from 7 we had a lot of problems sending emails. It took us a while to track down as several other changes had taken place, including moving to Outlook XP. In the end we had to format the computer to completely remove McAfee and start again using a different antivirus program, now everything works fine.

richbowenuk` 20:09 30 Jun 04

Gonna check it and see what happens!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…