outlook reminder

john 17:55 11 Oct 04

This is probably really simple but I can't see how to do it, hope someone can advise.

I want to enter birthdays etc into outlook so that it will remind me, but I don't want to take up space on the calender when I might need to enter an appointment/meeting etc.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
John

wee eddie 18:03 11 Oct 04

about half way down > Space for Birthday and Anniversary.

wags 18:03 11 Oct 04

If you double click the date e.g. '11 October' on the '1 day' per page setting on Calendar, you can enter birthdays etc as an event which will then appear immediately under the date, with no time specified, but you can set yourself a reminder whilst doing so. Therefore, you don't lose any space for appointments.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use the calendar at all, you could set a 'task' e.g.'buy granny a birthday card'with a date set to complete the task and a reminder date when to start the task.

There may be a better way, but I use the first method with Outlook 2000.

wags 18:05 11 Oct 04

There you go, wee eddie has come up with a better way at the same time as I was posting my method !

john 21:00 11 Oct 04

Thanks guys, problem sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…