Outlook question

JoJoh 10:31 29 Jun 04

Hi - I use Microsoft Outlook and have a general tab where I keep all of my folders. I have approximately 50 sepearte folders. It is a real pain and very slow to scroll through them in order to put in emails received/sent.For instance if I want to put an email into a suppliers folder beginning with the letter "S" I have to scroll through all of the folders to get to it.Is there any way of automatically scrolling down to a certain letter?

I have tried all of the usual commands i.e control/ or alt/ but noe seem to work.

Thanks

brambles 12:45 29 Jun 04

I would have thought using message rules would solve the problem - it would take a little time but you could introduce it gradually.

Click Tools/ Message Rules

Click NEW

Tick where the message is from:
Say 'A Company'
Move it to
Suppliers 'A Folder'

It's quite straightforward and the messages would go into the appropriate folders as you downloaded them.

Brambles

JoJoh 13:25 29 Jun 04

Hi Brambles
Thanks for that however I want all emails to go into my inbox first to be read. I then put them away in the folders. It is only a small thing but is driving me mad.

stlucia 13:31 29 Jun 04

Ctrl-Y is goto, but you still have to scroll down the list it offers you so it may be no better.

JoJoh 13:36 29 Jun 04

Hi - Unfortunately this does not help as it takes you into the actual folder. I am looking to get to the folder names in the groups along the left hand column.
Thanks anyhow.

brambles 15:44 30 Jun 04

Why not reduce the amount of folders

Have A-C, D-F, G-I, J-L this will reduce the amount of scrolling - moving you have to do.

ALSO:

Would the 'Move To Folder' option help - if you right click on the message & click on the 'Move to Folder option at least all the available folders are shown in a smaller window - may help.

Best of luck
Brambles

rogertjj 15:49 30 Jun 04

when you click on the 'Move to folder' option, you can press the first letter of the folder you want to move it to, and it will select the first folder that begins with that letter. Further presses of the same letter will cycle through the folders that begin with that letter.

JoJoh 17:42 30 Jun 04

Thanks for all of your advice. Obviously the actual facility I need does not seem to exist however I will take the advice to label groups A-c etc

Regards

Thanks for all of your advice. Obviously the actual facility I need does not seem to exist however I will take the advice to label groups A-c etc

Regards

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…