outlook public diaries

carmella 15:30 26 Jun 03

i wonder if anyone is familiar with Outlook (not Express) public diaries.
I am trying to enter appointments in my diary, which is located in the public folders. Some of the entries, however, are private and I'd like to tick the box "Private" in the bottom-right corner of the screen so they don't appear to people without correct permissions. It looks like that box is greyed out in the public diaries.
Does anyone know if I am able to "ungrey" it?
many thanks
C

Diemmess 17:28 26 Jun 03

I don't know the program, but options which are greyed out are usually so for two reasons.

Either.........On installation not all the options were installed, this includes a "Lite" or demo version of the program.

Or the installed application is not configured to allow this...... Or again, you are in part of a process which will not allow such a move at this stage.

Your best hope is to explore every bit of the Help menu or if there is an Options or Tools menu scroll thru' those.

The encouraging part is that at least the box is there even if it is a bit grey!

Roland Butter 20:28 26 Jun 03

Think you'll find the greying out is because it becomes operational when used across a network and you need to keep appoints private from other network users. It just shows as a private appointment when viewed by others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…