Outlook .pst damage

ARB 12:28 29 Apr 04

I am running a Win ME with Outlook 2000. When I try to run scanpst it reports a problem with my .pst file. The problem would seem to be in my contacts folder because Outlook will not let me access it. I've tried running scanpst in safe mode but it is still the same.

Can anyone offer a solution?

wee eddie 12:50 29 Apr 04

Are you able to use Outlook in the normal way? e.g. Do Contacts & Calender work?

If it does. Why do you wish to access Outlook.pst?

ARB 13:39 29 Apr 04

I cannot access, view or edit my contacts within Outlook. Therefore I did as the program suggested and ran scanpst.

wee eddie 14:20 29 Apr 04

Try the Repair function.

Sorry I misread you the first time.

I can't tell you how to use it, 'cos I can't remember, but it must be fairly logical as it worked for me last time.

p.s. Have you been keeping a copy of Outlook.pst handy. I copy mine to a zip disk each week.

I hope all goes well.

ARB 14:30 29 Apr 04

I have the disk and I have tried to repair. I also have reverted to an earlier backup but the problem keeps reappearing.

ARB 17:43 29 Apr 04

Now I can't delete emails from the Outbox!!

wee eddie 18:50 29 Apr 04

What Anti Virus do you use?

When did you last Update it?

Do you use Ad-aware & Spy-bot or similar programs?

ARB 17:30 03 May 04

I use System Suite 5 which is kept up to date. I have no ad blockers or spy blockers. I have always kept my systems up to date with downloads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…