Outlook problems

Durham 20:22 06 Jul 04

can anyone help?? Complete computer novice has an Outlook which isn't receiving messages and only occasionally sends them. It often freezes; when I press ctrl - alt - del it sometimes suggests that it's something called 'mapisan' (? or similar) which isn't responding. Any ideas?!

THE TERMINATOR 20:26 06 Jul 04

have you tried a system restore to a time when all was ok?...TT

Durham 20:29 06 Jul 04

Hi Terminator,

I must confess I know nothing about computers. How do I do a system restore?

Durham

VoG II 21:02 06 Jul 04

Which versions of Windows and Outlook do you have, Durham?

VoG II 21:05 06 Jul 04

If it is "mapiscan" I think that is part of McAfee anti-virus - does that ring a bell?

Durham 21:25 06 Jul 04

Hi VoG,

It's Windows Millenium. I'm not sure which version of Outlook it is, but it's Outlook rather than Outlook Express

Durham 21:26 06 Jul 04

VoG,

Yes - someone suggested I might have a virus.

Durham

VoG II 21:28 06 Jul 04

If you start Outlook and go to Help/About Microsoft Outlook it will tell you the version.

If it is Outlook 2000 or later (2002 or 2003) then try running Detect and Repair, which you will also find on the Help menu. You may be asked for your Office CD, so have this to hand.

THE TERMINATOR 23:51 07 Jul 04

You can do a system restore if all else fails. goto start,programs,accessories,system tools,system restore, and restore to a time when all was ok....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…