Outlook problem

as400man 19:46 13 Feb 03

In the past few days Outlook has started asking me to logon (neever did this before) and my username and password are filled in but 'Remember my PW' is greyed out. Trying to connect I get error message

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I have not changed my PW (wouldn't know how to).
Do I have to contact Ntl tech support or can I fix it myself?

Regards

recap 19:56 13 Feb 03

click here, may be of some help as400man.

The POP3 account name is typed incorrectly.
The POP3 password is typed incorrect, is the second in the list that should guide you to a solution.

Lú-tzé 19:57 13 Feb 03

Try removing the user mail a/c and reboot. Then open Outlook and add your details again - with the settings you got from NTL.

recap 19:57 13 Feb 03

Please note as400man, when you click on the "more details" link the POP and SMTP settings should read as your ISP: example pop.ntlworld.com

as400man 20:27 13 Feb 03

I have just tried sending myself an email and got the message 'recepient rejected by the server..' Looks like ntl have screwed up my account. Thanks to you all for taking an interest.

ABBY12 21:31 13 Feb 03

The other week I was getting exactly the same messages with my account(not with ntl but talk21). For no apparent reason I couldn't email out. Not really understanding what was happening I spent a couple of hours closing accounts and renewing, checking passwords; all to no avail. In the end out of desperation I used windows restore(XP) and set it to a restore point a couple of days prior to the problem. The system reset and has worked fine since. One thing I noticed wss that Adaware (Lavasoft) which I had recently installed was no longer being launched at start up. I put the problem down to a conflict with a new program. Perhaps you'd added something new ??

misters 21:36 13 Feb 03

Can i just add that this is exactly what happene to me. I just removed my isp then added it again.

as400man 13:26 14 Feb 03

Thanks for the advice. I 'phoned ntl and they told me that they had just closed my dial up account (after moving to broadband weeks ago) and that disabled my sign-on after having been assured that I would be able to keep my sign-on with bb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017