Outlook Problem

Iceman244 19:41 21 Feb 06

Hi There

I have tried to configure a new email address into outlook express but I have an error message come up when i try to send from it.

First of all can you configure any web based email address into outlook.

I would like to say from the start my knowledge is not that great so go easy on me ok.

I have pasted the error message below.

The host 'SMPT' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMPT', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host '(smpt)' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: '(pop.wanadoo.co.uk)', Server: '(smpt)', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Also how do i add new email addresses into outlook.

Cheers

Ice

VoG II 19:50 21 Feb 06
  Iceman244 20:57 21 Feb 06

Hi VOG

Thanks for that i have tried what it said and things have changed.

I have not got an error message now but a small box keeps appearing saying please enter your user name and password for the following server.

But i keep clicking ok but it will not go away.

Have you any ideas.

Cheers

Ice

johnnyrocker 23:49 21 Feb 06

send yourself an e mail to the new account which should resolve

johnny.

Iceman244 10:49 22 Feb 06

I have tried that and the emails dont come through via outlook.

They go fine to my inbox on the web based site but not through outlook.

This is how i set up the new email address in outlook so please tell me if this is right.

Tools , Accounts , Mail , Add , Mail , Enter display name , next , enter new email.

Then on email server names it has POP3 selected at the top then i enter pop.wanadoo.co.uk as incoming mail server then smtp.wanadoo.co.uk as outgoing mail server.

Then i put my ISP user name and password and click finish.

When i then go into internet accounts the new account is listed

So i cant see what the problem is.

I take it you can run more than one email address through the same server eg pop.wanadoo.co.uk via outlook express

Thanks

Ice

Peter J 11:48 22 Feb 06

Hi,
a)Is wanadoo your ISP as well?
b)There should be an error message, if outlook express cannot complete the send/receipt process.

Damn Machine 11:55 22 Feb 06

Is your smtp address entered correctly, is the spelling correct?

Should be smtp.wanadoo.co.uk - note double "o"

johnnyrocker 12:11 22 Feb 06

you keep swapping answers between outlook and outlook expres, they are very different which e mail client are you using?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac